2024 Community Impact Grant Recipients

Martha's Vineyard Bank Charitable Foundation has announced the Community Impact Grant recipients for 2024. A total of $20,000 was awarded to four organizations, two on Martha's Vineyard and two in Falmouth, each receiving a $5,000 grant.

From supplying our most vulnerable neighbors with freshly grown food to nurturing our children with fun and formative experiences, these four non-profits are making a real difference in the quality of life in our communities. Thanks to everyone who voted for these amazing changemakers!

And the recipients are...

Martha's Vineyard Film Society

Martha's Vineyard
Film Society

The Martha’s Vineyard Film Society, which owns and operates the Martha’s Vineyard Film Center, is more than just a place to watch the latest and greatest in world cinema – as one longtime Tisbury resident put it, "We just love the film center, but it's more than great movies, it's where we see our friends!" The Film Society's dedication to using their space for the greater good is an inspiration to all who believe in the power of community

Island Grown Initiative

Island Grown
Initiative

Island Grown Initiative’s Gleaning program thrives on generosity, community spirit, and a genuine desire to improve the well-being of our neighbors and friends, all of which is embodied in Marjorie Peirce, a dedicated Gleaning Captain whose unwavering commitment has helped shape the program since its inception over 15 years ago. “Gleaning feeds my soul... getting my hands in the dirt, being part of a team, sharing beautiful produce. This is a community program that really works!”

WellStrong

WellStrong

WellStrong provides a nurturing wellness community for individuals recovering from substance use disorders, making it a cherished asset to the town of Falmouth. It serves as a sanctuary where those in recovery can participate in diverse wellness classes, attend recovery-based meetings, and cultivate a strong sense of community. For certified recovery coach Karen Rae, “WellStrong has been my steady rock and second family throughout my recovery journey.”

CIG-2024-FriendsofNobskaLight-2

Friends of
Nobska Light

There is no doubt that Nobska Light Station has had an impact on all who have viewed her since she was built in 1876. In 2016, an alliance between community members and the Town of Falmouth created the Friends of Nobska Light, with the mission to save, restore, and preserve Nobska Light Station, to enhance the visitor experience with a maritime museum, and to share the story of this “precious landmark” with future generations.